Microsoft Power BI is data analytics software that you can use to analyse your company’s data quickly and easily to produce stunning dashboards with a variety of built-in visualisations including interactive maps and third-party visuals.
- Drill down into your company’s data and drill through to other pages in your dashboard to view detailed data.
- Analysing data over time, month, year to date, year
- Filtering data with interactive slicers
- Interactive maps from Microsoft Bing or more detailed map options using ARCGis Maps.
- Third party custom visualisations can also be used to enhance the look of dashboards.
- Custom colour themes that use your company’s branding to populate your visualisations instead of using the default colours.
Using Power BI makes it easier to share and update dashboards using powerbi.microsoft.com/ rather than using Excel dashboards. Dashboards can be created for desktop or mobile phone screen formats. Below is some Covid 19 data from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Power BI can use data from many different sources and shape and model the data with Power Query and DAX(Data Analysis Expressions) to create calculated columns and measures. Power BI has a host of useful features including: